Mega-church Christ Universal Temple is a true Chicago icon. Dr. Derrick B. Wells was installed as senior minister of The Temple in 2012. Wells was concerned that the church’s congregation, mostly formed under Dr. Colemon, was not seeing an increase of millennial members. Dr. Wells enlisted the help of Global 360 Marketing to attract a more youthful congregation and to spread the word of “better living.”
- Increase congregation awareness and membership of individuals between the ages of 21 and 45 by a minimum of 10 percent in 18 months
- Brand Dr. Wells as the face of Christ Universal Temple
- Launch Dr. Wells new book to the marketplace
- Global 360 first conducted a complete analysis of The Temple’s current programs, membership and community members to determine the plan and scope for a marketing and public relations strategy to meet Dr. Wells goals.
- Created a new interactive engagement program geared toward Facebook called “Temple Talks.” The 30-minute segments featured Dr. Wells speaking directly to followers about spiritual principles, then fielding questions based on the topic.
- Also re-designed The Temple’s website, giving it a modern look and feel.
- Global 360 also provided public relations support for Dr. Wells’s popular new book, “Guidelines for a Master.”
- Recognizing the current relevancy of the book’s content, which explores achieving extreme happiness, the agency secured media coverage for Guidelines on ABC-TV’s “Windy City Live,” FOX-TV’s “Good Day Chicago” and V103 Radio Station’s “Chicago Speaks.”
- In addition, Global 360 produced promotional fliers and other marketing materials for more than 20 Temple events, including an on-site interview with Windy City Live’s Val Warner, which the agency also secured, coordinated and scripted.
- The Temple’s membership increased more than 10 percent during the agency’s six-month contract
- The Temple’s social media hits increased more than 120 percent via FB
- Global 360 secured more than 22 million impressions over the six-month contract via SM, PR and marketing collaterals and distribution